Voivod will quickly launch its newest album, Morgöth Tales, on July 21. The ten-song launch options one new track—the title monitor—and 9 re-recordings of songs from numerous eras of their profession. It even options appearances from former bassists Eric “E-Drive” Forrest and Jason “Jasonic” Newsted.
As we speak, they’ve launched the one “Nuage Fractal (2023 Model),” which was initially launched as a part of 1991’s Angel Rat. The track songs nice with 2023 recording expertise and is a superb teaser for the remainder of Morgöth Tales.
“We’re excited to current the primary single from our fortieth anniversary album!” says bassist Rocky. “It is strong drum and bass, alien guitar line on high, lyrics and melody that connects all of it in the direction of a spinning triangle bridge [that] makes ‘Nuage Fractal’ distinctive, which represents the period of Angel Rat. Let’s get able to rejoice this superb journey of Morgöth Tales!”
Talking concerning the launch of Morgöth Tales as a complete, drummer Away commented:
“Morgöth Tales covers 40 years of house exploration. It was actually thrilling for us to revisit a extra obscure a part of the Voïvod catalogue, from thrash-punk to prog-metal to…? The title monitor is a brand new track, which we began writing within the tour bus and lodges throughout the Opeth European tour in November/December 2022. It has the vibe of the experimental music we’re doing these days, with a brand new twist I believe. We additionally had the nice thrill of getting E-Drive and Jasonic concerned on this album. I hope you’ll dig it. Chewy, Rocky, Snake and I definitely had a blast recording it. All aboard and prepared for take off!“
The included tracks are as follows:
- “Condemned To The Gallows” (Initially on Steel Bloodbath V Compilation, 1984)
- “Thrashing Rage” (Initially on Rrröööaaarrr, 1986)
- “Killing Know-how” (Initially on Killing Know-how, 1987)
- “Macrosolutions To Megaproblems” (Initially on Dimension Hatröss, 1988)
- “Pre-Ignition” (Initially on Nothingface, 1989)
- “Nuage Fractal” (Initially on Angel Rat, 1991)
- “Repair My Coronary heart” (Initially on The Outer Limits, 1993)
- “Rise (feat. feat. Eric Forrest)” (Initially on Phobos, 1997)
- “Insurgent Robotic (feat. Jason Newsted)” (Initially on Voivod, 2003)
- “Morgöth Tales” (New Music)
Voivod are on tour for 3 extra days.
5/20 – Houston, TX – White Oak Music Corridor
5/21 – Austin, TX – Come and Take It
5/23 – Pensacola, FL – The Vinyl Music Corridor (no Imperial Triumphant)
Need Extra Steel? Subscribe To Our Each day Publication
Enter your info beneath to get a each day replace with all of our headlines and obtain The Orchard Steel e-newsletter.