The Springhill Company and Amazon Music announced today the latest episode of “The First One” podcast features an interview with mogul and hit maker, DJ Khaled, and global superstar, Justin Bieber. To hear the new episode, simply ask “Alexa, play The First One podcast” in the Amazon Music mobile app for iOS and Android, on Alexa-enabled devices, or visit https://amzn.to/TheFirstOne.
“Justin is my brother and great friend that I have been blessed to work with so closely. We came together for a special cloth talk, because we are ‘special cloth,’ where we discuss him starting at a young age, where he’s at now, what inspires him and his new album, Justice,” said DJ Khaled.
Developed by Amazon Music and The Springhill Company, the media conglomerate founded by LeBron James and Maverick Carter, “The First One” features the mogul and superstar delving into the biggest hits of all-time with his favorite artists to learn about the songs that made them iconic and eventually legendary. Fresh off the release of his sixth studio album, Bieber and Khaled discuss the pop legend’s run as the definitive male star of his generation over the last decade. Bieber speaks at length about his early days as an artist discovered from YouTube as a shy but talented youngster from Canada, as well as the making of his debut single “Baby” featuring Ludacris. Bieber also speaks with Khaled about his growth as an artist over the years while living under a microscope, from his teenage years and into his latest project, Justice. Bieber also talks about the influences he’s had in his life musically, especially when it comes to the world of Hip-Hop and an honest look at his career thus far – even what he would change if he had the chance to.
Follow “The First One” playlist on Amazon Music to hear the songs featured throughout the season and more.
Clips and excerpts from the episode featuring Justin Bieber include:
- On his new Album Justice: “This album is meant to encourage people… in the mission statement for the album I talked about how music is such a great way to connect people and bring them together, remind them they are not alone provide that safe space, comforting music to move and groove.”
- On his first hit record Baby: The first time he heard “Baby” he wasn’t in love with it even though it was by The Dream.
- On enjoying moments and the importance of being grateful: Bieber talks about how he just turned 27 on March 1st and started his career at 15. He missed out a lot on enjoying the successes and achievements, because he just wanted to keep going…. “All of these things that I look back on and didn’t stop to celebrate.” He “encourages the listeners at home as they continue to achieve things that they are aspiring to do, to appreciate all the hard work for the team.” He wasn’t slowing down enough to just be grateful.
- How his love for music has grown over the years: “I love it more because I’m more connected, see it so much differently now.” As a kid he was insecure and “you can be led by the wrong reasons, growing up and finding yourself becoming a man or a woman, choose to grow or choose not to.” Now, Bieber gets to stop and enjoy each project, and it is more fulfilling now than it has been.
- Bieber on Drake and his top 5 MCs: The artists shares his favorite MCs right now, later sharing that Drake is “constantly pushing culture and the needle forward.”
- Bieber on his wife, Hailey Bieber: Their relationship and marriage, “has been the driving force in my life, it’s helped me be stable and consistent.”
Amazon Music customers can access a wide selection of podcasts including new Originals such as “The First One” in the Amazon Music app for iOS and Android, on Amazon Echo devices, and at music.amazon.com/podcasts.