The magnitude of a hip-hop track purely depends on the creativity of its creator. Armed with brilliant creativity, Young and talented hip hop artist Sadge DuPre has earned quite the attention from the music industry with her brilliant compositions. She has once again gained the nod of the global hip hop fans with her latest music video, ‘ONE MORE’ released on major streaming platforms. She has recently taken some time off her busy schedule to sit for an interview with us.
- What is your real name and where are you from?
Jasmine, and I’m from South Jersey .. Willingboro 609
- How old were you when you started your musical career and what inspired you to do so?
I wrote my first song at 9 I believe, I don’t know what interest me to pick up a pen and write it but it was my own version to Bow Wows “let me hold you” feat Omarion lol . When I turned 15 I wanted to be more open with my parents .. I performed a song I wrote to Jesus Walks by Kanye West in front of my mom.. after that she took me to guitar center the next day and bought me my first equipment, from there I was recording and mixing music In her bedroom while she worked most of the time… When I was 16 I had my first studio session my dad took me to , from there i haven’t stopped
- Is there any other genre that you like and want to incorporate in your music other than hip hop?
I incorporate R&B all the time. Hiphop is my first love but R&B is my favorite. I taught myself how to harmonize and use melody’s. I’m not a singer singer but I know how to do enough to where it works for my voice and that’s the gift of it all finding your voice
- Tell us about your newest music video, ‘ONE MORE’. What is the subject matter of the track?
‘One More’ is about a person who has reach their level of success but may come across people from their past who can’t handle the success they have reached. It’s based around jealousy.. but me personally I’m someone who just doesn’t care if I worked hard to get here no body is pressure to me .. I’m gonna live everyday to the fullest .. the devil will try to kill you every time but you gotta keep living.
- What kind of rhyming style did you use in the song and how is it different from your contemporaries?
I’m just very melodic I’ve been melodic before melodic got this hot to be honest I’ve been sounding like this since I started on a lot of songs back in the day. I’ve just improved my sound so if anybody says to me oh you sound like this or that I’m like well thanks for the compliment but I really sound like me…and on top of being able to make r&b music without rapping is a plus.
- What message do you want to convey to the listeners with the song?
That this is my moment if you try to kill it well…….
- Did you write the lyrics of the song and does your rapping style have any impact on its presentation?
I write all my music , this particular song I wanted it to be aggressive in wording but so laid back and chill very nonchalant behavior cause that’s how I am .. nonchalant and chill but I can be aggressive when necessary
- The visual presentation in the music video was quite powerful, how do you think it will be received by the audience?
The visual really came about with just grabbing whatever was seen in the place of shooting the video… I’m like man let’s make this video like some drug cartel thing .. it was one of those things I went into with the mindset of whatever happens here is meant to happen… stepping outside the box too
- Which hip hop artists influenced you the most and how do you utilize their inspirations in your music?
Since we are talking Hiphop I’m inspired by JayZ Tupac Jadakiss Eve Lil Kim 50 Cent JaRule Bow Wow Nelly just to name a few … they all play a part on why I fell in love with the culture. Also SoSo Def with jermaine dupri definitely label goals .. he set the bar with production writing and artist I need to be on that level but higher now
- Name some of the finest hip-hop numbers that you have released so far.
All of them gotta check out all of them and make your own numbers lol
- Are you working alone or with some record label right now?
I’m solo solo no label no management I am currently looking for management but I also have my own label so whoever gets aside me is gonna def be in for a ride of success
- What can we expect from you in the future? Are you working on new music?
In the future you can expect me making music still but on a higher level , definitely making a name for myself as well as other adventures I don’t want to speak on … but sold out shows concerts, working with legends, acting , running my label signing artist , song writing for others .. giving back to the community definitely a lot of giving back. Plan on leaving my mark on earth before I leave that’s for sure. Right now I’m working on an EP but also pushing out more content for the work I have out now.. definitely stay tune.
Check her out on Social Media:
Alicia Parker is a fashion enthusiast studying at the University of California. She contributes to Daily Music Roll as a music blogger and writes a review of various music on a daily basis